Friday, January 21, 2011

Prophesy - Fancy Speak For "God Said He Loves You..."

Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for your prayers - I can definitely tell that you're shifting things in my life.  I just want to take some time and tell some stories so you know how effective your prayers have been!

I've been able to prophesy over so many people this month; students, business leaders, government officials, and ministers from the U.S. and other countries.  It has been incredible.  I asked God what I should focus on when I came back to school and really felt like I should look into business and government.  I had no idea how to move into those spheres, and no idea what it should look like when I did.  Thankfully, God knew!

Within two days of praying, I had a friend at school invite me along on a trip to the city hall to sit in on a town hall meeting.  Because we attended, I had a better grasp of what was going on in the city, and could converse competently with the connections God moved into my circle in the next few days!  Craziness!

After that, another friend invited me along to prophesy over a business leader in the neighborhood.  While I can't tell you anything about that in specific, I can tell you that it was a MIND BLOWING experience and so fun.  ^_^

I prophesied over two people from Southern California in the healing rooms the week before last, a man and a woman.  I was partnering with a friend of mine, and we were both shocked at the accuracy of words of knowledge that began to flow.  I was able to tell the man what he'd prayed to God the night before, and even repeated word for word part of his request!  We then detailed all the areas of ministry that he felt interested in and were able to seriously encourage him in his calling.  He left so blessed; he said he'd never had anyone tell him his heart before and he felt so special.

I had a dream that I felt was for a friend of mine whom I hadn't seen in a few months - turned out that she had been considering moving into a new field of ministry and the dream totally affirmed the steps she'd taken!

A friend of mine from South Africa invited me to come to a party thrown in honor of his parents who were visiting for the month.  Along with 6 or 7 other people, we spent a large chunk of the evening praying over his parents, and prophesying over them.  His parents then prayed for each of us and we all left feeling totally spoiled.

I have like 9 other stories I could tell you.  I've taken just about every opportunity available to step up to people I don't know well or at all and talk to them about things I couldn't possible know.  God has shown up and shown off; there have actually been a couple of times that I've been frightened by the words coming out of my mouth.  I've been doing prophetic portraits, and prophetic writings, I've sent letters to through other people to people in government and in the media.  It has been such a season for risk!

I've been wanting to move into prophesying over people on the street.  If you could pray that God would show me who and when, I'd super appreciate it.  I really want to stretch and take risks, but I don't want to step out ahead of His plan.  Also, please pray that I'd have wisdom and discernment - that I'd never get wrapped up in the fun of "saying stuff" or showing off.  I'm so serious, please pray that my heart would continue to enjoy the comforting cloak of humility.  Such a peaceful, peaceful place to stay!  Thank you, thank you family!

Please know that you are having an impact on my life.  I couldn't do all of this without your investment of time, money, and prayer - thank you for believing in me.  I'm so excited as I see the things that God is doing in the world; we're truly heading into an amazing time!  Love you all!

Hugs,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment